Friday, July 2, 2010

The weeks are just getting better and better!

Hello!
Can I just say that the weeks are just getting better and better! I absolutely love it here! A lot of it has to do with the fact that I have a new companion and a new area, not that the old ones were bad, but we are just having sooooo much success. There is so much work to be done! We are getting a lot of references and working with the members and contacting really great people! It’s like everyone is ready to listen to the gospel! We made a goal to have 7 baptisms in July and we can totally do it, we just have to have faith and exact obedience! We are having one this weekend, and I know there will be more to come! We are even going to try to prepare Juan Pablo to go on a mission! :) hehe Well I don’t know if I told you that I am back in my other area, and I am the senior companion to the President’s daughter! I love it! We are both growing together and she has great Spanish and I have already learned so much from her! We teach really well together and the spirit is really strong in the lessons! 4 other people have committed to baptism we just haven't picked the dates and it is only our first week together! I am going to be sad to see her go at the end of this transfer!
I want to tell you about Federico, he is the one that is getting baptized this week! He was a contact of Hermana White and my comp before and he came to church twice, but they never had the time to meet with him. Well we did, and we taught him the first lesson! It was amazing and he was just like, oh I already believe all of this! We convinced him that he still needed to pray about it and get that confirmation! Haha. He did, and then we taught him the 3rd lesson about the steps we need to take....while we started teaching, it started pouring rain (we were teaching him in the park) and we stayed there for a while under our umbrellas, but that just wasn’t cuttin it, so he's like ‘come in my car’....uh what? So we taught him in his car that was parked in front of the park! Haha and the window next to where I was sitting wouldn’t roll up all the way, so I was completely drenched on one side, but it was worth it! At the end of the lesson I asked him to be baptized! He was so willing that Hermana Antivilo just jumped on it and said "next Saturday?", and he accepted, I think that he would have been baptized that day if he could! Haha and then he looked out the window and said "I think that all this rain is a sign from God that I need to be baptized anyway, a little wet now, and fully wet later!" Haha I just love him, he has so much excitement for the church!
Another amazing thing was that Susan talked in church on Sunday! She is just my favorite! She talked about how two angels knocked on her door and that God really knows our needs and helps us when we need it, in many different ways! She is so special! I was sitting on the front row and she was just looking at me and we were smiling and crying, and it’s just so special, I wish you guys could all have that feeling, true happiness, and to know that you have helped someone else to have a better, happier life!
We also got an inactive family to come to church that the ward has been trying to get to come for three years! The Lord is truly blessing us!
I love you all!
Hermana Reay

No comments:

Post a Comment