Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hello!!!
How is everyone doing? Life is just grand here in the Caribbean! :) But my week has been a little interesting. Last week all the Latinos came, so there is a lot more Spanish than before! But its good, but it did take my companion from me yet again. I feel like I am such a burden to everyone here, but we make it work! I only have 12 DAYS LEFT?!!? I can't believe it! And I can't believe that my brother is in the MTC in Provo, and that my best friend is married!! WHY!? :) jk I was thinking of you all so much this last week! I don't really know much of what to say, other than we are starting to get into the doctrine a lot more. It’s been great. I am learning SO much here. We still have the Spanish lessons of course, but the way that we speak isn't as important as answering their questions and being able to bring the spirit really fast! I love learning that. They tell us to share experiences too. And of course I love doing that. Its funny being the only sister...because of course I always want to be talking and sharing stories and usually I can pull out a picture to back it up or something. It’s great...Whenever we teach I am the one that does most of the talking. I feel bad, but at the same time it is really good for my Spanish! I am learning a lot and can have conversations...but their accents are INTENSE!! They leave out half of their letters...ahhhhh it makes me soooo nervous! What I try to do every day is share a story with my Hermana Vasquez, something about my life, and it helps me to learn new words and use past tense (because honestly they have like 500 tenses!! AH) Spanish is soooo difficult, but I know that it will come and I will be SOOO glad that I can speak! I love hearing from some of you, it is great to receive letters and all the kind words! Thank you! I love you all so much, in two weeks my letters will be more interesting! :)
Love
Hermana Reay
Oh p.s. I met my mission president today! He is soooo short, his wife is taller than him, but he is sooo nice! He just walked up and shook my hand and asked me if I knew Elder Kitchen, and that he said hi! Oh and a few days ago, Hermana Hoye, the Hermana that I wrote to in my mission, sent me a card with some cookies welcoming me and telling me they cant wait to meet me! My mission is going to be great! The people here ROCK! loves! xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment