Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Pioneer Children Walked and Walked!

BUENAS!!!
Oh my goodness it’s Pday again...so first off, I just have to say that this week (one day in particular), I understood why in the primary song "Pioneer Children Sang As They Walked" says walked and walked and walked and walked.....really we walked to every single part of our area in one day and all of our appointments fell through. So we just walked some more and more and more, (Did I mention that its like 150 degrees here plus humidity?) I had that song in my head! Haha but hey singing really does help. I am really growing to love the Hymns here, and I even have some memorized in Spanish, crazy huh? Anywho Mom how was your birthday? I hope you received a lot of calls from my announcement! Haha!
Well there were 4 highlights this week!
One; was that we had baptisms! They technically belong to the other Hermana's but both of them are people that I started teaching with Hermana White! So I was there and it was wonderful! They were so happy! Carlos is the Husband of Santa and she is an amazing new member, he gave up smoking and drinking and they are so cute! Their daughter is the one that I sent pictures of with the princess stuff! I just love them! And the other one is Justin, he is 9 and from Peru, his mom is also a very special new member, and they are wonderful! I was so happy for all of them, Santa was just crying! It was amazing, and practically the whole ward was there!
Two; We were teaching our Haitian investigators, Kenzy and Maggie, and I felt really strongly to asked them to be baptized, and guess what? They accepted! We are having family home evening with them tonight and they are just wonderful, really spiritual and sweet! (Now we have 4 people planned to be baptized this month!)
Three; Since the President’s daughter lives in our house, we get special privileges :) We got to go to their house for Sunday dinner and it was SO GOOD! They have a real kitchen and it was just paradise. They are the most loving, amazing family and they showed us their wedding pictures and made us Chuck Norris (Molten) cake! It was awesome! Haha!
OK… Four: Guess who I saw in church on Sunday? Bishop Burr! I didn't even know he would be there. All of a sudden, I look over and like 6 white people walk in and I was like they HAVE to be American, so I shook all their hands, and then turned around, and there he was! I was soooo happy! And he had two packages for me! It was amazing! Seeing people that you love really does lift your spirits!
This week I also decided to be a cook (I'm sick of just eating cereal and sandwiches and things that are fast...) So I cooked chicken and broccoli casserole and Broccoli cheese soup (yeah I had a lot of broccoli) Are you proud Mom? I was...haha, but it was really good, and the girls liked it! One last story that I have to tell you.....I was proposed to this week! This man was sitting in the back of a truck, oh he was probably about 40 by the way, and he stood up and just asked me to marry him like 3 times, it was really hilarious!
My message to all of you this week is to ENDURE!!! Most of you have already made it through the first four steps that we teach out here, having faith, repenting, being baptized, receiving the holy ghost....and ENDURING to the end. Sometimes times are REALLY tough, but have you ever known anyone with a perfect life? Not even in the fairytales were things perfect! But we can make it, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel and with the Lord on our sides and when we look to Him, we can never go wrong! I love you all so much!
Hermana Reay
P.S. .I can’t believe there are only 2 more weeks in the second transfer! Ahhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment