Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Elder Nelson

Today was a great day. We went to the Temple, and that is always wonderful. I love the spirit that is felt there. The workers are so nice, and I learn something new every time. We also went to the Zoo afterward. Let me tell ya, I am so thankful that we have Hogle Zoo, because the Zoo that they have here, well I don't know if they can really call it that. We entered with our eyes opened and left with them still opened, amazed. Ha ha it was so funny. I know that they have a lot of potential here in the DR and that in the coming years this country is going to grow a lot. It was fun to go, even though its really interesting, its really fun to see how other countries have their attractions.
I have been really stressed about a lot of things that have been weighing on my mind but let me just tell you that I know that our Heavenly Father answers prayers. We were so happy this week and we really have been blessed because we have found many many families that are ready to listen to us. We are now teaching at least six families. The work is progressing in Mendoza. For a while it seemed dead, because we were still trying to learn the new area, but now we are more comfortable and there are a lot of blessings that we are receiving.
We had Zone conference last week and the President taught us a lot of great things. He said that we can never loose our excitement because they leads to loosing our hope and our faith. And if I want to endure to the end of my mission, I have to apply that counsel. Sometimes i think, wow I have been in this area FOREVER, but there is a purpose, and i know that there is someone that i need to meet. So now I have a new boost to help me endure.
Another thing that helps me is knowing that on Saturday an Apostle is coming here to speak to us! Elder Nelson will be coming here and I know that I am going to learn a lot. I love you all so much and am so grateful that so many people are cheering me on and praying for me!
Con Amor,
Hermana Reay

No comments:

Post a Comment