Wednesday, February 9, 2011

One of the busiest weeks of my mission.

Really quickly I just wanted to say that next week we are going to the Temple! YAY so I won't be writing on Monday, but on Wednesday the 16th! I think that we are going to go to the zoo too! yay! I am excited! We are really busy here helping to plan a wedding and getting all of our other work done: I had one of the busiest weeks of my mission, we had 35 lessons! That is only others, not including teaching the new members and less actives, and that isn't including the lessons with members either! Wow, it's was great, I cant believe that we are working so much, no wonder I am exhausted! So I know that it is possible to reach my goals. We also had such an amazing Sunday, one of the most spiritual that I have had here in the mission. One of our new members is having a really hard time, she has confided in us as the missionaries but hasn't told anyone else her problems. It's really hard for us because there is nothing much that we can do other than read some inspirational scriptures and tell her that she is loved. She hasn't seen her family in almost 7 years and hasn't talked to her mom since Mothers Day. She feels really alone. Well I guess she has been praying a lot and she had the strongest feeling to share her testimony and she spilled out all of her problems, and told the ward how much she loved them and how she gained her testimony and that with the gospel she doesn't feel so alone. Well the ward responded and they all talked to her after, an Hermano brought over at least a months worth of food to her house, and they are all willing to help her out now. She said she was so scared and she felt bad saying anything to anyone but she needed it, and now she is happier and she knows she is loved. I hope that they can all help her to see her family again soon. Time is passing by really quickly and I cant believe that I almost have 6 months here in Mendoza. I think that I am ready for a change, but I know that I will enjoy my time here while I have it. I also can't believe that in about 140 days I will be seeing my family! Yay!! I am ready for that! I hope that you are all happy and healthy!
Con amor,
Hermana Reay

No comments:

Post a Comment