Monday, May 9, 2011

WE HAVE RUNNING WATER! (it's been 9 weeks but who's counting?)

Wow it was so great to talk to the fam yesterday! I really miss all of your voices, and it seems like it’s been forever but then when I hear you all again, it’s like I talk to you all the time. I love hearing about all the things that are going on at home, and the exciting plans for the trip to the DR. We are going to have a blast. The craziest news that I heard is that Nathan and Sarah are getting married, and NO ONE TOLD ME!!! And that it is going to be before I get home... :( oh well I am super happy for you guys!
Well...I FINALLY MOVED!!! WE HAVE RUNNING WATER! Can you believe it? I almost can’t! It’s so great. And the house is clean and bug free as of now. It’s brand new and we are the first to be in it! This last week, not much has happened because we have been a bit sick. (Welcome to my mission) But we have been pushing through it. There isn’t really time to take a sick day. But the great news is that we have been able to find A LOT of new investigators. We have some great ones, they just can’t get baptized for marriage problems, but the Lord has really blessed us. It’s fun to teach lessons when you know that the people can progress. We went to an appointment the other day and we started talking about blessings, and I asked her, Leslie, what the greatest blessing in her life has been, and she explained a story to us about her grandma, and her death and how it was really hard for her. She got really sick, and she still doesn’t remember what happened in those days, it was just too much of a shock for her to know that her grandma wasn’t here anymore, and she didn’t know where she was. So I changed the whole lesson and we taught the plan of Salvation, and she just loved it. It was fun to see her excitement to know that she could be with her grandma again. I love that lesson because above all others it has helped me the most in my mission. Life isn’t easy. We pass through so many trials, and sometimes we just don’t want to deal with them, but it’s all worth it because if we do our part, we will receive the greatest reward: eternal life, with our families and loved ones.
I know that this is the true gospel, and the only true happiness that we can have in this life. We need to stay strong and faithful, because the Lord is always with us.
Love you all so much!
Hermana Reay

No comments:

Post a Comment