Monday, May 30, 2011

IT'S CRAZY!!!!

First off I have to make a special shout out to my young mother who is turning 30 this week! Can you all believe it! jk. Happy Birthday Mom, sorry that I have now missed 3 birthdays in a row! Still love you!
I started my last transfer this week and It has been a great week, I can't believe how fast the time has gone. It's crazy! We are having a short transfer because my group is going home with our president, and the new one then comes in. 4 weeks left! It really just blows my mind.
I am so grateful that I get to be serving with my new companion Hermana Kamisese, we really are having a good time and working really hard. We have already found a lot of new people this week, and we are setting apart time every day to just contact and find new people. I know that the area has a lot of potential, we just have to find it. And she has the excitement so it helps me to have it as well.
Yesterday, 'Dominican Mother's Day', was wonderful. I thought a lot about the wonderful women in my life! My Mom, and my grandmothers, even my aunts! You are all amazing! I really enjoyed church. They just had a lot of people go up and share their testimonies about their mothers and wives. It was special. And a few of them were emotional, the spirit was really strong. They even sang a song by Janice Kapp Perry about mothers and daughters, and it was really pretty.
Hermana Kamisese is loving the ward and the people. so we are having a good time. I am happy because I really wanted to enjoy every minute of my last transfer and so far I am, I know that it will be great. We have made our new goal; to just serve the ward. We really have seen that it pays off. So we have done whatever we can. We just offered to do one thing with the Relief Society President, and then she just invited us to her house, and told us that she wants to show us around to get to know the members, and everything. Really I know that this ward can be amazing we just need to help show them their potential. I really miss you all and I am so happy that I will be seeing you soon! Love you
Con amor,
Hermana Reay

No comments:

Post a Comment