Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hola!!! Como le va?
Oh my goodness I can't believe that I am going on week three! It is so true that the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days in the MTC! It has been crazy! So much has happened! So last week at our at our fireside we had Elder Hinckley... He is President Hinckley's son! It was so amazing because he looks like him, talks like him, and tells amazing stories like him! It was so fun to listen to him. There is soooo much that goes on here, so much that they put into the MTC to help us learn and grow and have a good experience. Kent Garfield finally got his Visa and left yesterday. I'm so happy for him because being here for that long would be crazy! I see people I know all the time! I see Elder Whiting, and a couple other people that know me and I don’t know them (oops) and whenever I tell anyone that I'm really from Springville they ask me if I know someone. There are connections with almost everyone! Its great! Oh and today I saw Doug drive by, I waved but I don't think he saw me! Speaking of the Jackson's did Nathan leave yet? I wish I knew, he hasn't written me the little stinker! So my Spanish is coming! I can now tell the story of Joseph Smith, recite the first vision, share my testimony, pray, and have basic conversation. We learn SO much every day; I think that we learn in one day, what you would learn in 6 months of a regular Spanish class! But it’s so good because the Lord is definitely blessing us! Plus we are so cool because we are in a trial thing right now...They are going to come out with new Spanish books to help the missionaries learn better and we are the first ones to get them. Last week we were filmed being taught and everything, it’s a really big deal. And they are amazing! We learn so much faster because the book helps everything make soooo much sense. We were talking to some Elders that have been here for 5 weeks and we speak better than them. Sad day... but good for us! Especially because I will probably get a native companion in the DR because I am the only sister here going to the DR.... So I'm trying to learn all that I can!
I LOVE my district! We have so much fun together; we laugh probably half the day! One of the Elders is from Salem and he is Hilarious! He is so talented to... one of them is from Mesa and he reminds me of Dylan because he can quote almost any movie off the top of his head and impersonate the character perfectly (not that we are supposed to be doing that, but hey they are mostly Disney movies and characters!) Anyway, there is never a dull moment in the MTC.
I love it here and I love you all!
Keep the letters and packages coming, it’s a sad day when everyone else gets something and you don’t! I love you and keep you in my prayers!
Con Amor,
Hermana Reay

No comments:

Post a Comment