Monday, May 17, 2010

HOLA!
First of all I just want to apologize at my lack of pictures! I promise that I will try to send some soon! I am not being really good at that! (I got pictured out from my trip to Russia, Its not fun coming home and having more than 30GB of pictures...trust me)
Well you might not recognize me anyway; I think that when I get home, I will look like a prune! It rains here EVERY day! and my feet are constantly wet; thank goodness I have such wonderful parents that sent me some chaco sandals! They are the best! When it rains, the humidity I'm pretty sure is at 200%, but you would all love this place, I took some pictures of the sunrise the other day, and you would just think that I am in an island paradise all the time! haha
Well I was transferred! It’s so weird, because I still like in the same house with Hermana White, but she has a different companion. Her companion is a mini missionary and none other than Hermana Antivilo (the mission Presidents daughter.... its fine with me though because now we are even more spoiled, on Sunday they brought us lasagna and pumpkin pie for dinner!!!) My companion is Hermana Fuentes, if I could pick one word to describe her it would be Spiritual. She can bring the spirit in a lesson SOOO quickly. And she starts to talk really slow and really quiet and sometimes the people are mesmerized! It’s really cool to be a part of. It is going to take some getting used to a new companion but I know that we will get along just fine. What is hard is our area. It is the hardest area in the East Mission because we are in the richest part. Some of the houses are huge and spread apart. But one advantage to that is that it is beautiful and there are so many trees, sometimes I feel like I'm in the jungle, the trees really have like vines and things hanging down, its like Tarzan. The people are less humble and receptive though, but we are working with our faith and we have been knocking on doors for the whole week. Neither of us knows the area so we are learning how to find addresses, and we are really working with the members. They are key...when you can get them excited about missionary work, they are really willing to help out and go out with you to teach and to give you references. For example we received a reference from a member. So we went to find Dayanna.... well she works in the Sheraton Hotel or something like that, in the Cigar Shop....haha...yeah the cigar shop. We taught the whole first lesson sitting in there, but surprisingly the spirit was really strong and she is so sweet. We hope to find more investigators like her.
Right now our goal is to work with the Youth in our ward! It should be fun, send me some ideas if you have any!
Quick sad update, I am not in his area any more but Juan Pablo got cold feet AGAIN! They had to leave him because we are thinking that maybe the lack of the missionaries will make him realize what he really wants ...we have a family home evening with his whole family tonight, so we'll see what happens. Keep him in your prayers!
Can I just say I love you all? My mom tells me about all the people that comment to her about keeping up with me and Weston...I want to send a quick shout out to the Hawks family! You guys are so sweet! Without your mom, my testimony wouldn’t be as strong as it is; Being in the Laurels with her was one of my favorite things I have ever done in the Church! I love you All!
Hermana Reay

No comments:

Post a Comment