Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hey all!
This is my last Pday in this transfer!!! I can’t believe that it has already been 6 weeks! I hope that I stay here with Hermana White, but we’ll see! The more I think about it, the happier I am about starting my mission here in Gazcue, all of the other missionaries come here for their Pdays and so I know that I will be able to come back and visit some of the people. I love them all and we are getting so close. I am starting to open up more (not that I didn’t want to before, but now I can with my mad Spanish skills hehe jk) So its great! I love Gazcue! Especially because I haven’t had any run ins with cockroaches this week...things are looking up! :)
So funny story, we were walking on the Conde (which is the main tourist street) we ALWAYS get at least 10 people that yell out something to us...its usually annoying, but the other day, this guy was like Elderas??? (Because here the Elders are Elderes, so they just made it feminine...) It was hilarious, and then we turned around, and he was like "I didn’t know that there were women in your church” So we told him all about the church and hopefully he’ll become a really good investigator...His name is Ariel. Its great because sometimes, as Hermana´s, we really can talk to people that probably wouldn’t just talk to the Elders, and even if it starts off as there are just talking to us because we are American Women, we can change the conversation around and it can turn into a really good contact! I love meeting new people.
Something really special happened over the weekend. One of the daughters from a member family was baptized. And they invited us to come. So we went and it was the sweetest thing, because the whole Primary put it on! All of the talks were given by kids, and the musical number, and 4 kids bore their testimonies! It was so sweet because I really get more out of what they say because you really know that it is coming from their heart! And they all used scriptures and everything, they are SO smart; I was never like that when I was 8. I love the members here because they really make the gospel their life! They are all such an example to me!
News of Juan Pablo... So he just told us that he is SECURE with his baptismal date, he picked it (I Don’t remember if I already told you that) but he is getting baptized on the 15th! (So I really hope I stay here for next transfer) Not that I want to brag or anything, but it was great because He told us that I was one of the reasons he changed his mind because the stories I tell and the way that Hermana White and I teach together helps him to feel the spirit more than he ever has before! Even if he is the only person that will be baptized while I’m here, it will be worth it, I’ve made a difference in his life, and he’s made one in mine. Since he told us that, everything has been changing right in front of our eyes! He is going to be an amazing member!
Also I taught Sunday school on Sunday: all the investigators and new members! AHHHHHHH I was terrified! It was SOOO hard to teach in Spanish about the organization of the Church! Oh well, its over, and I think it was ok! :)
Well what’s on my mind right now are mother’s day! I can’t wait to be able to talk to my family! I miss them SOO much! It will definitely be a good boost!
I love you all and am so thankful for your support and the love of God in my life, I feel it and see it every day!
Love, Hermana Reay

No comments:

Post a Comment