Monday, May 10, 2010

IT IS POURING DOWN RAIN!!!!!!

Hello!!!

Happy Mothers Day Yesterday!! Oh mom by the way, the mother’s day here is actually at the end of this month so I will have to see what they do! ??? Who knows, but I was thinking of asking the bishop and seeing if we can pass out flowers or something after sacrament meeting!
Well big news! My companion is going to be changing...I am really sad, but sure that I will love the new one, I will meet her tomorrow! Hermana White will still be in the same house as me, it will just be very weird not to be companions! It was SOOOOOO good to talk to family yesterday on the phone, it was almost as if I never left! It was so weird to hear about things going on in the world; I realize that even though I am living in it, I'm not really in it. But that is one of the best things about a mission, those things don’t even matter anymore and you just rely on the Lord, and focus on his work and the people that you are serving!
Speaking of whom we are serving...Juan Pablo is getting baptized this Saturday! I am so happy he is so ready, and his testimony is now so strong! In the process of helping him to gain his own testimony we also taught his niece and she might get baptized with him as well! I love the work here in the Dominican Republic because we have so much; there isn't enough time to teach everyone that we want!
Yesterday (and today!) It rained SOOOOOO much! The streets flooded and it was like a river going down the street. We live 2 blocks from the ocean and inland is all uphill, so all of the water was rushing toward us as we were walking to our appointments! It actually was really fun! I didn't get any pictures because I didn't have my camera, but there were places where the water in the streets was up to my knees! The way that the weather is acting right now, the people say that we are in for some hurricanes and serious rainstorms this year. I'm ready though...I bought my 72 hour kit! :)
Well I don’t really know what else to say because it was a crazy week with all of the changes and things going on...(plus I just wrote on Wednesday!) So I promise next week will be better! Thank you all so much for your support, my mom told me that there are a lot of people always checking up on Weston and me! That means a lot, I love you all!
Hermana Reay

No comments:

Post a Comment