Monday, August 23, 2010

10 days with the Dengue!!

Hey all!
The happiness level is a lot higher here in Santo Domingo because I get to go back to work! Yay!!! I have been stuck in the house for the past 10 days, and have been really weak, and sick with Dengue, but it is pretty much over, I am just gaining back my strength and taking it easy! We are going to dive head first into the work and change some people’s lives here! I am excited! But really being in the house has been really good for me. It was so hard and I had too much time to think, too much time to get home sick, and get angry at my sickness, and think of things that I shouldn’t. So I learned a lot, and learned how to change my attitude around. A lot of that comes from the gospel. Especially the scriptures. I have a lot of uplifting scriptures marked in my Quad and I was going through them and wanted to share one with you guys!
D&C 78:18 says "And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours."
It really made me so happy, I realized that I can’t bear everything, that is why I had dengue, but I can still have cheer through my trials, and use this time to learn about myself and learn about how I can be a better person! I learned of some qualities that I want to change and qualities that I want to have, it was hard, but worth it! And I have the most amazing companion that helped me through it all, she was amazing, always right by my side ready to help me with whatever I needed! I just love Hermana Haggard.
I also wanted to tell you guys that I am SOOOOO proud of Weston! Isn’t he just amazing!? I am so glad that he had his first baptism! I received a letter from his trainer, Elder Haynie, and he told me that before Weston came he was in that area just dragging his feet, and then Weston came and everything changed, and now they actually have potentials! And they have 4 people preparing for baptism, well one is baptized now! But I am so happy for him; I know that God knows exactly where to put us and the people that we can touch! He is doing such a great job, and always gives me such a boost when I hear from him!
I love missionary work, and it is changing my life, and it’s definitely for the better! I love you all and am so happy to know you!
Love,
Hermana Reay

No comments:

Post a Comment