Monday, January 24, 2011

I can’t wait for JUNE!!!

Buenas!!!
I am sooooo happy to hear that the plans are moving right along for the big trip to the DR, I love hearing about all of the different people that are coming! I can’t wait to see you all! You are all going to love it here! The DR is heating up again, and it is
reminding me a lot of my Gazcue days, when I lived in true heat, sweat, and humidity.
Today was amazing because I got to see Susan! She is my favorite thing about the DR I am pretty sure. I can’t wait for some of you to meet her. She is an inspiration to all who know her. I was telling my companion today that if I had to end my mission right now, I would be fine because I know that Susan was the reason I was sent to this mission. She is preparing for her mission, and she hits her year mark as a member the day before you all get here! I can’t wait for JUNE!!!
I am so happy that I am still with Hermana Garcia, we learn so much from each other every day. She is really special to me. We have been trying to contact a lot in the other area, and we realized how much area we actually have. It’s exciting, we are going to get to work and contact street by street. We have to leave a lot of investigators and get a new investigator pool anyways so it’s perfect timing. We have a really amazing investigator, Caterin. (I think that I have told you a lot about her...) She is amazing. She is going to be baptized in February after her wedding. She told her "husband" the other day that if they didn’t get married at least a week before the 25th of February that she was going to leave and live with her Mom because she is done living in sin. She said that she would just wait for him to decide when he wants to marry her, but she is getting baptized on the 25th whether he is ready or not. She is great. He thinks it’s really soon, but then she just said, "yeah Luis, but if Jesus Christ comes tomorrow, what are we gonna do?" It was great, she has such a strong testimony, and she shares it with everyone. I just love it. She is really helping me to grow and realize the important things in life. I am so glad that I will be able to be here to help her and to start teaching Luis so that together they can grow in the gospel and reach the goal of temple marriage. She is one of the people I would love to come back and see her wedding in the Temple someday. She is amazing. I love that really in the mission you can make friends that will always be special. And I love that our connections started with the gospel.
I love doing this work, the mission isn’t easy and for other reasons sometimes I feel like giving up, life would be easier and happier sometimes at home, but I know that I am not here for fun, not here for my mission president, not here to be sad, not here to be lazy, I am only here to serve the Lord and all of the people that come in my path. Sometimes I feel like I am not doing much, but I know that all of the little things add up, serving my companion, making a contact, or even singing an uplifting hymn. These things all affect people’s lives, and mine as well. I know that the gospel even just a small part, brings so much happiness to my life, I know my purpose, I know that I am a child of God and that He loves me, I know that the Gospel was restored and through the restoration we can make sacred ordinances with God and be a part of His kingdom here on the earth. Most importantly I know that I can have an eternal family, and be with all of the people I love so much in the life to come. I am so grateful to have this knowledge and to share it with the people here in Santo Domingo. This is a small part of my testimony that I am happy to share in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Love you all,
Hermana Reay

No comments:

Post a Comment