Monday, January 10, 2011

ten contacts every day!

How are you all?
Well the heat has returned to the DR. We tried to make cookies the other day for my companion’s birthday and it didn't work at all, it was so humid that we couldn't get any type of dough to form. Oh well, what a blessing that we made all of our Christmas cookies when we did and that the people were able to enjoy them when they could. I guess that the only month for baking here is December. haha but I am sooooo excited because I keep hearing such good news about many of you that are going to be coming here to do service! yay! I can’t wait. It sounds like it is going to be so much fun! This week was a little bit difficult because there are a lot of sicknesses going around, especially with the return of the humidity. But we pushed through and Sunday was a really productive day! We are so happy to be together as companions, Hermana Garcia really is amazing, I learn something new from her every day and we are always laughing, so we must be doing something right. We had a lot of lessons yesterday, and I am proud to say that the three months that we have been companions we have always had at least ten contacts every day! Sickness or no! yay! When I can really get into the work, I remember why I love it so much. Katherine yesterday told us that she is so sick of waiting and that she just wants to get baptized already! Hash and another one of our investigators interrupted our lesson when we were teaching about faith and asked us when he could be baptized. It really is wonderful. I am so happy to be here and to be learning and growing and realizing the most important things in life. I love you all!
Hermana Reay

No comments:

Post a Comment