Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!!

Hello,
I can’t believe we are in 2011, and that I am going to complete one year in the mission this month! CRAZY!!
Well this week was a little hard, I will just be honest. The way that the Dominicans celebrate the holidays is probably 100% different than the way that we celebrate in Utah! But it has been an adventure. Almost everyone is out of town, but we have surprisingly taught a lot of lessons. This week we taught a special lesson to all of the members, and investigators about goals. It was really fun actually. We read them all a quote from Preach my Gospel and we made bookmarks where they can write down their goals and put it in their scriptures so they never forget. It was fun, I hope that they all make their goals and really try to be better and get closer to our Heavenly Father. I really hope that they write their goals too, because its like my Dad always says, "A goal not written is just a wish!" I shared that with them all. But anyway that is most of what we did this week.
Yesterday was a wonderful fast and testimony meeting in church. There are 4 Hermana´s in our ward, and we all bore our testimonies, a lot of people did. The spirit was so strong, and then at the end we sang "The Spirit of God" so it fit really perfectly. I bore my testimony and it was horrible. Because I used to cry so much when I was younger that I never wanted to bear my testimony because I knew that I wouldn’t be able to talk. I have changed a lot, I don’t cry anymore.- I feel that I am stronger. Well I have been proven wrong. I cried really hard, and tried to speak still, IN SPANISH!!! Ahhh but I got out all that I wanted to say and it was fine. ut then after they all came up to me to hug me and tell me they loved me and then the tears just started all over again, oh well, I felt really close to my mom because we are the same in this aspect, she always cries too! Love you mom! haha but anyways, We didnt do anything for new years, just wrote our goals and resolutions, and had some brownies! haha I miss and love you all and hope that you are all happy and making your goals too! A really wise person that I love so much told me that we all need to make the most of every minute because we dont know what tomorrow will bring. so i hope that we all can live life to the fullest so that when we look back on 2011 we will be happy of ALL that we did, and have no regrets! (plus i will be there when you are looking back, we will together! yay!) i love you
Hermana Reay

No comments:

Post a Comment