Monday, March 21, 2011

I take pleasure in infirmities!


Is today really the 21st? In 3 months from today my family will arrive here to the heat and humidity that is the DR!!! Yay!
This last week has been very trying. ( But also great.) There are so many wonderful investigators that we have in this area, they all just eat up the gospel. I know that it is just what they need and they will always stay firm. They just have obstacles and can’t be baptized. It’s difficult. Almost all of them can’t be baptized because they need to get married but for odd reasons they can’t. But I know that they all will get there, they are wonderful and help my testimony to grow. It’s amazing when you are in Relief Society and the people that are commenting are your investigators, that are smarter than the members! Haha I love it!
Our baptism that we had on Saturday fell through and it was really sad. My companion was REALLY sad, but afterwards we decided that all things happen for a reason and that we need to love all the moments that we have because they are the moments that make us strong. Just like it says in 2 Corinthians 12:10; "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." I know that I have a bigger purpose here than I can see at times, and I am grateful for all of the lessons that we have because I think that sometimes I learn more than the investigators do. I learn so much from them as well and I know that through teaching them and hearing their comments, my testimony is strengthened every day!
I can’t believe about all of the disasters that are going on. I was really sad to hear that a lot of the missionaries were sent home that were serving in Japan. It would be weird to just have the last couple months of your mission randomly end. We know that it was for a reason and I am just glad that they are all ok. But it would be harder to just have to leave your mission because it was literally dissolved.
I love being with Hermana Bradley. I love being able to express myself completely and we are working hard! There is a lot of work here to do and I just hope that we can help to make a difference. We are just hoping that we can move this week because we are a little tired of living without water. 5 weeks have already passed in this house without water, and now the apartment building started robbing light from the apartment building across the street. It’s all a little sketchy. But we will survive.
I love you all so much. I am so grateful for you and for your prayers, I am so grateful that I am from Utah where the church is strong and that I learned the things I did from all of you to make me who I am. Thanks for everything.
Con Amor,
Hermana Reay

No comments:

Post a Comment