Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hello from the dripping hot Dominican Republic!!!

Hello from the dripping hot Dominican Republic!!!
How are you all? Well I had an interesting week. Holy Week like I told you . And instead of remembering Christ here, they like to drench the streets in beer. It smelled really good. Haha JK. But it was good. I started it out by having a root canal. That was my first one! It HURT!!! And it made me have some serious head pains. But we made it through and now I feel soooo much better. But it did worry me because all of the people I told about my tooth told me that they too had had a root canal before and they all ended up having to just get the tooth pulled because it was too painful! Uhhhhh.....I hope that doesn’t happen to me. Oh Dominican dentistry!
This week I read a really good talk by Quentin L. Cook that I really liked. It helped me to focus a little better because being the Semana Santa it was a little hard. Everyone was drinking and swimming in their blow up pools, and almost all of the appointments that we had fell through. But we didn’t loose the spirit. I want to share a few quotes from the talk... "Our obligation is to love and teach and never give up." "Even though our journey may be fraught with tribulation, the destination is truly glorious." It was a really good talk, and I so conveniently forgot the name of it, but I know that although sometimes it is hard to press forward, it’s worth it because the Lord truly blesses you.
We received our blessing for having such a hard week yesterday. On Tuesday we contacted a lady that said that we could come back to her house Sunday, so we passed by and she wasn’t there but her 2 daughters were. They are twins, and they said that they had been waiting for us all week, and were so excited as soon as their mom told them that the Mormon Missionaries were going to be passing by. They have 2 LDS friends at school and have always wanted to learn more. They said that their dad has always wanted to go to the church but they have never known the schedule and whenever they pass by it’s always locked. So they were really excited. I know that it was a blessing because they have such a thirst for the knowledge, and that is where it truly starts. I know that I am where I am supposed to be, and that I can never give up. I love you all so much!
Con Amor,
Hermana Reay

No comments:

Post a Comment